Monday, May 14, 2012

You don't know what you don't know...

I had thought I was buying landscape fabric that would keep weeds from growing but let water go through. I had had my doubts a few days ago after a brief rain -the water puddled on top of the black sheeting instead of going through...and today confirmed it when I was watering my newly planted flowers, some wter got on the sheeting where the rocks go, and just stayed there.

I hadn't bothered to read the directions - I'd seen this stuff at Lowes and at Walmart in their garden aisle, there were no other choices, so of course I assumed there was only one kind - the kind that would let water go through.

So tomorrow I'll go and but 4 more pots, shovel all this dirt into those pots, and in another montrh or so when I've got some more discretionary money, buy more tree bark to cover these water-proofed containers.

So kind of annoyed today...

No comments:

Post a Comment