Monday, May 28, 2012

May 23, 2012: Hail at Crazy Horse Memorial, SD

It's a 5-hour drive from Cheyenne to Rapid City, South Dakota. On the way, via I25,  you go up to Highway 16, and turn east. First you come to the Crazy Horse Monument, then the exit for Mt. Rushmore, then various camping resorts, such as Rushmore Shadows where I stayed for 2 nights (23rd and 24th May, 2012) and then Rapid City.

Since I was passing by Crazy Horse Monument on my way to Rushmore Shadows, I stopped there for about 3 hours. Had to wind down my window to pay for the parking, and for some reason forgot to rewind it.

It was a grey day, kind of drizzly, but I figured since I'd be spending most of my time inside the buildings, I'd go for it.

After about an hour, took a $4 bus ride up to a photogenic spot to take photos. It was cold, but not raining at this point.

On way back, the bus drove through the parking lot and I discovered my open window. Dropped off at museum entrance, walked back up to my car.

No theft, but this is what I saw:





Fortunately, I had some towels in my trunk. So after scraping away most of the hail, I put the towels down when I resumed my drive to Rushmore Shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment