Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Tortilla Factory on Greely Highway

My brother and I went to the Tortilla Factory on Greely Highway, and we were not impressed.

The buildling is not a purpose built restaurant. It's some concrete building turned into a restaurant. You enter from the back, and there you've got some tables set out on a thin brown carpet. There's some Mexican -style paintings on the walls, but the walls are definiately made of concrete blocks.

The kitchen has no door, so if you're sitting near enough, you can see right inside to watch your meal being cooked, if you want.

My brother thought the prices were reasonable, I thought they were pretty high considerng we weren't paying for any ambiance.

I had some kind of chicken...and unfortunately I can't remember the name. $10 and I found it inedible. My brother had chile relleno, and my brother is a connosieur of chile relleno. This chile relleno was like nothing he'd ever had before. He had a couple of bites and that was it. $20 for both meals, and that was with water to drink. (They sell no beer there - that was fine with me! I think they had sangria, though...)

In other words, we thought the food was horrible.

Now, to give the restaurant its due, we arrived at about 5.15, and there were a few people in there. As we sat and waited for our food, and as we ate, etc., people kept coming in and sitting down. It's apparently a pretty popular place.

So I guess there's no accounting for taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment