Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men Gang Oft Agley....

Address: 148 Oak Street, just off College. It's a one way cul de sac, with a restaurant and some art stores, as well as this gallery.

Colorado Coalition of Artists

Colorado Coalition of Artists

Colorado Coalition of Artists

My sister and I drove down to Fort Collins this morning. Our purpose was to see the art exhibit that 2 of the people from my scrabble club had at the Colorado Coalition of Artists. What I didn't know was that the gallery was only open from Thursday to Saturday. (Or if I did know, I'd forgotten.)

So we walked a little ways to some kind of court that had three circular granite sculptures - to me they were a waste of space, but then I've always preferred representational art work. The library had been converted into an art museum, and we went in to see the last day of the Ansel Adams photograph exhibit. (I took photos of the first floor art, but was not allowed to take photos of the Adams photos - more on this museum tomorrow.)

On an adjacent building was a mural, and I took a photo of that. And there was a cat on a tree - not a lynx but some kind of large cat, but no plaque to explain what it was.

Will have to do research to give the appropriate attribution to all the buildings, and those also will be shared in future posts.


Mural on the building adjacent to the former library/Art Musuem

Ansel Adams exhibit

No comments:

Post a Comment