Thursday, November 11, 2010

Two views from the deck of my new house



When I lived in Minneapolis, MN, nothing stopped people from going to work in winter. An inch of snow, two inches, six inches, a foot? The snowplows were out at the first sight of a snowflake, and people were expected to bus or drive to work - and they did. (Of course, this was 20 years ago when the city had the money to have snowplows running constantly, I haven't lived there for 10 years and with the new austerity drive that cities are engaged in...who knows?

Anyway, I don't know about Cheyenne. They must be used to snow (unlike Yorktown, VA where I've lived for the last 8 years, and where if it snowed a mere half inch, the entire city shut down) but I don't know if they have snowplows or if everyone here has a 4-wheel drive truck that they take out at times like these. (In the housing area in which I live, there seems to be an average of 4 vehicles in every yard - only two of which work. My closest neighbor has nine vehicles in his yard. Plus two horses and a sheep.)

No comments:

Post a Comment