Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11 degrees and a windchill of who knows what?

I've mentioned that I've been driving relatives around for a while. My aunt Carol is staying with us, and today I took her to the Wyoming State Museum, located at 2301 Central Avenue in Cheyenne.

(Open Mon to Fri 9 am to 4.30 pm, Sat 10 am to 2. pm, closed Sundays)

Photos aren't allowed inside the museum, but I'll share exterior photos later on. I did not take exterior photos today because it was just too damn cold!

Anyway, a feature of this blog, as soon as I can find a place to give me the reliable info, will be to post highs and lows, temperature-wise, for every day of the year.

A travelling exhibit called Snoopy as the World War I Flying Ace will be at the musuem until November 27...which gives folks about 2 more days to see it, since it'll be closed tomorrow, Thanksiving. Oversize reproductions of several of the strips featuring Snoopy in his pilot gear, with expanatory placards giving history of Charles Schultz and why he decided to feature Snoopy against the Red Baron, and so on. (Since Schultz was born in Minneapolis, MN and died in California I don't know why the Wyoming State Museum has this exhibit, but it's a lot of fun. I've never cared for the Peanuts comic strip - I don't like sad sack characters like Charlie Brown - and most of the time I don't like Snoopy, except in his guise as the WWI flying ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment