Friday, January 28, 2011

Restaurant Review: Twin Dragon (Chinese)


My sister and I went to the Twin Dragon Restaurant and had its lunch buffet.

Twin Dragon
1809 Carey Ave
Cheyenne, WY, 82001
Lunch buffet - 11-2.30. $7.95
Mandarin and Szechuan style
Cocktails
Banquet facilities available
Open 7 days, Mon - Sat: 11 am - 10, Sun 11 am to 9 pm

The restaurant has its own parking lot, but there were also plenty of empty spaces in front of the Bank of the West building. (And if you need to wait for your party, there's a great magazine/bookstore on the opposite corner.)

My sister is more of an adventurous eater than I am, so she'll be reviewing the restaurants we visit more thoroughly than I (for the Cheyenne Connecting Point web magzine.)

For myself, I had the sweet and sour pork (as there was no sweet and sour chicken on the buffet table, that I could find), cashew chicken, sesame chicken.

1) Their fried cream cheese wontons had crab meat in them. Since I don't care for seafood, this was a disappointment. I love eating cream cheese wontons dipped in sweet and sour sauce.
2) The Sesame chicken was a little spicier than I like, but worse, the chicken seemed very stringy. 3 times as much breading as chicken.
3) The S&S pork and the Cashew chicken were good, though there were lots of cashews and very little chicken. There were more water chestnuts (or some cubed vegetable)than chicken.

I thought the sauces were very heavy, and my sister agreed. But then, I prefer a thick sweet and sour sauce. And the cashew chicken would have been excellent in its sauce, if only there'd been more chicken.

I had some peppery kind of chicken, the name of which I can't remember, but that was good, too. There was also "Happy Family" on the buffet table, something that surprised my sister because apparently this normally isn't done. (Happy Family is shrimp, beef and chicken together.)

Serving staff were efficient and friendly.


Imagine the Twin Dragon on the right hand side of a cross. The Bank of the West is on the left hand side of the cross. Opposite that horizontal road is the Newstand and Pipe Shop (never fear, nobody smokes pipes inside.)

Corner newstand in the bottom floor of this building.

Bank of the WestThe building is historical.

No comments:

Post a Comment