Saturday, August 4, 2012

Re-O-Na Sushi & Thai Restaurant

My sister and I went to Re-O-Na yesterday for lunch..

Ambiance - wonderful. Long tanks of water with paper flowers floating in them. Very large building. Each booth had curtains one could draw if one desired.

Presentation - the Japanese always present their food well. White, square plates, lots of food, etc. Sturdy black chopsticks. (presumably washed after every meal - as opposed to the cheap ones you get at other restaurants.)

Service - Very good. Everyone smiling. attentive, eager to please.

Food - sucked.

I had the chicken teriyaki. Lots of little unbreaded chicken pieces, in a teriyaki sauce. Unfortunately, it was dark meat and I do not like dark meat. Also found it rather tough. I also had tempura vegetables. Now, if I'd liked fish I might have liked these, the batter had a very distinct fishy smell. But since I hate fish... I couldn't eat them.

My sister had chicken pad thai. She found the chicken bland...and over all the dish was mediocre.

They also served little pieces of sushi for a dessert. My sister ate both of them - surprised they didn't come with wasabi to dip them into, and was not impressed.

So overall, a disappointment. We might go back and try another dish, just to see... but for now, we cannot recommend it for the food.


No comments:

Post a Comment