Sunday, March 18, 2012

Steamboat and Deadman - look the same to me

According to the book Wyoming Curiosities, the bucking bronco on the apparel of the University of Wyoming is not the same horse as the one on the Wyoming license plate. The University of Wyoming logo horse was based on the famous bronco Steamboat, the one on the Wyoming license plates is named Deadman. What a cool story, I thought. I immediately downloaded photos of the two horses, one off a license plate and one from the University of Wyoming website. And gee whiz - the pose of the horse, and of the rider, look identical to me! I share them here so you can see for yourself. I think this difference is an urban legend!

1 comment:

  1. I was doing some surfing and came across your post. May I email you a comparative of the logos you might be interested in?
    > a52l@yahoo.com <

    ReplyDelete