Saturday, November 19, 2011

2 days left to see the Mousetrap

The Mousetrap, a production put on by the Cheyenne Little Theatre, staged at the Atlas Theatre, is having its last two performances, tonight at 7.30 pm , tomorrow at 2 pm.

Tickets for adults $22.

The show is a lot of fun. Yes, the actors are amateurs, but good amateurs. and it is a lot of fun to see them strutting their stuff on stage.

Indeed, had I managed to score a free ticket - they had a "caption this photo" contest - I'd be going to see it again on Sunday.

Half of the fun of going to see a live play is to see and hear the reaction of the audience around you. Do they laugh in the same places you do? Or in different places than you do? And so on.

I had a somewhat embarrassing experience, many years ago. I was in the balcony at some theater in Minneapolis....and an actor on stage did some bit of business that I thought was absolutely hilarious. So I laughed out loud. And I have a very loud laugh.

....and I was the only one who laughed.

So for the rest of that act the actor on stage seemed to be looking up into the crowd rather frequently, trying to figure out, apparently, the lone figure in that patch of 500 or so folks who'd thought what he'd done had been funny.

Since that time I've always kept my teeth clenched while I watch a play so I don't laugh quite so loudly...

In any event, plenty of chills, thrills and laughs in the Mousetrap. Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment