Saturday, September 3, 2011

Restaurant, Japanese: Tokyo Bowl




Tokyo Bowl
1829 Dell Range Boulevard
Cheyenne, WY 82009-4900
(307) 632-2127

The Tokyo Bowl is sandwiched between Barnes & Noble on one side, and a combination Subway/Bagelmaker restaurant on the other, on the right hand side of Dell Range Blvd.

It is open from 9 am to 9 pm.

The restaurant features authentic Japanese cuisine. The wait staff were very nice, very solicitous.

The food was delivered on a sizzling hot metal plate placed on top of a wooden serving tray.

The cost of the food was a bit expensive - about twice what you'd pay in a Chinese restaurant. But you're not going to find a majority of this food in any other restaurant in Cheyenne.

Indeed, I have to confess that there wasn't much on the menu that I would eat. 98% of it is seafood made in the traditional Japanese manner - eel, octopus, etc., as well as sushi and sashimi, of course - all cooked fresh to order.

There was some kind of beef, and chicken teriyaki, which I had.

The chicken teriyaki came with carrots, asparagus spears and other types of green stuff, with chicken white meat cut into peices on top of a bed of lettuce, drenched in teriyaki sauce.

The taste of the teriyaki sauce wasn't quite what I was used to, but once I got used to it it was pretty good. The meal came with either soup or salad. I had the salad, which had some kind of ginger dressing on it.

Over all I was quite pleased, and I think anyone looking for authentic Japanese, and who likes seafood, will like this also.

No comments:

Post a Comment