Sunday, June 19, 2011

10/10/10: Gas averaged $2.84 a gallon

I've been cleaning my "catch all" room and found a receipt for October 10, 2010, when I'd stopped in at a Loves Gas Station in Boise City, Oklahoma. This was when I was driving my mother from Hampton Roads to Cheyenne Wyoming via Burleson Texas (where she has relatives.)

I filled her up with 9.447 gallons, at $2.84 a gallon. Total cost, $26.91.

Gas today, here in Cheyenne, is $3.48. So that 9.447 gallons today cost me: $32.87.

Well...only six dollars more.

But, I've recently returned from a trip to Warroad, MN, and this $3.48 here in Cheyenne has been the cheapest it's been. Most places were about $3.60, and in Warroad, it was $3.87.

So let's look at $3.60 for 9.447 gallons: $34.01. So, $8 more to fill my tank up halfway (I never let my gas tank get much below the halfway mark) today than eight months ago. Or $16 more to fill it up completely.

And when you're travelling cross-country, that adds up - as I dont' need to tell you! My car averages 34 miles to the gallon, which is pretty good. Those poor mobile homes that get 6 miles to the gallon...God knows how those folks can afford to go anywhere these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment