Sunday, February 26, 2012

Curt Gowdy State Park in Winter

I drove over to Curt Gowdy State Park yesterday. It was open - in the sense that there were no gates blocking the entrances. But there was really nothing to do there - the waters were frozen.

The snow covered scenery was great and I'll return next week to take some more pictures of that scenery.

What I'm showing below are a series of photos of a group of guys ice-fishing on the lake. Not 20 feet away from them is open water. Now, the folks in the foreground of the pictures were pretty near shore, but there were a couple of guys further out on the ice with an ice auger and I could not help but think that was a leetle foolish.

< Now - the photos don't show anyone falling in - but jeez, I sure wouldn't have trusted that ice to bear my weight!

I did miss one funny picture. I had returned to my car and was watching the dog. He must have been able to see fish underneath the ice because he was hopping up and down - almost like a cat. He did it about three times and I wish I'd been quick enough to switch over to video, but I was probably too far away to get a good picture, anyway.

Note the rock shapes on the sign.

Rocks

Ice Fishermen

No comments:

Post a Comment