Sunday, February 13, 2011

Highway 80 Through Denver - E470 Express Toll



I have taken Highway 80 from Cheyenne south through Denver, and continuing on down to Texas. In all the times I took the highway through Denver, I spied signs for the E-470 License Plate Toll.

I never understood what that meant. There was never a toll booth at which to stop and pay, and I assumed that only Denver drivers/Colorado drivers had to stop and pay at the toll, and that they'd know where the toll booth was. [On all other toll roads I've been on, driving from Hampton Roads, Virginia up to Erie Pennsylvania, there were a few toll roads, but you stopped and got a ticket at one end, and paid at the other.)

Not so.

What happens is your license plate number is photographed, and they know where you get on and off this E-470 stretch of Highway 80. Then, 2 months later, they send you a bill.

I'm attaching the flyer I got with my latest bill. Unfortunately I've tossed the bill itself, but I think each one-way use of the toll road was $2.50.

Click on each photo to see an enlarged version, if you care to read what it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment