Monday, December 20, 2010

Stateline Oasis - HIghway 85 on the Colorado/Wyoming border

I've begun work on the Cheyenne Connecting Point website. To that end, I drove to the Wyoming/Colorado state line, turned around, then headed back toward Cheyenne. Purpose: to document all the businesses on the east side of the road. (Well, to get started doing it, as there are so many of them.)

First thing I saw, actually on the west side of the road, was the Stateline Oasis. Even though it's on the west side, I thought I'd share it here.

The state of Wyoming has no lottery, Colorado does. So if you want to get in on Powerball - that's the place to go. It's about 13 miles from Cheyenne, south on Highway 85.

Now, I don't recommend playing the lottery, it's a waste of money. But if you've got the money to spare...this is the place to go.

The Stateline Oasis is adjacent to a private home, and the sign for it isn't as big as you'd expect. Inside there are a few tables where you can have popcorn and coffee as you sit down and do scratchoffs. The proprietors, in the few minutes I was in there, were very nice.


From the road, the Stateline Oasis looks just like a normal house (indeed, it is adjaent to a home)


Pull into the driveway and you see it offers Powerball


I would have loved to have purchased a Green Hornet scratchoff - but they wanted $20 for it. I think not!

Very nearby this establishment, also on the west side of the road, and I think actually in Wyoming, was something called the Den. A "gentleman's" club, from the look of the sign - which I do not reproduce here. But in the spirit of inclusiveness - I talk about everything in Cheyenne and environs, I tell you about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment